The Wheels Manufacturing BB86/92 for SRAM or GXP cranks bottom bracket is a significant upgrade to any OEM BB86 bottom bracket. Two machined aluminum cups offer increased durability and bearing life, while keeping a simple press together method for installation and maintenance. This means no more creaking, smoother operation, longer bearing life, and really quick bearing replacement.
Direct replacement for all BB86/92 bottom brackets!
BB Cup Removal
- Remove crankset per manufacturer instructions.
- Use a large punch, or headset removal tool, and place end of punch so it is pressed up against the back side of the bearing seat (red area behind bearing as shown in photo).
- Tap cup out using hammer. Force needed to remove will vary from frame to frame.
- Repeat process for other cup.
- Clean and inspect bottom bracket. Remove any grease/dirt and prep for installation.
Compatible with the following Bottom Bracket Standards (41mm BB shell inner diameter, 86mm - 92mm width):